Friday, November 12, 2010

Rebecca Burns EC Blog Post

First of all, weak title Michelle Kristi Bennett. Read how it's done. If I were to write Mrs. Burns a letter this is how it might go:
Dear Rebecca,
Your brave foray into the digital world gives me hope and inspiration. To go from Editor-in-Chief to Director of Digital Strategy at Emmis Publishing is quite an impressive jump, and if a self-proclaimed technological novice can do it with great success then I have no excuses. Your choice to take an eighty percent pay cut was noble. I hope that someday I will be at a place in my life where I can make that kind of choice for a job that I truly love. I admire your pioneering position; being the first to really push for the improvement of Atlanta Magazine and Emmis Publishing's web presence, all the while discovering your love of history and writing three books.

As a magazine major I've been yearning for some greater insight into the world of magazines and you gave me a charm through your presentation. Just to see the evolution of magazines in this century was riveting. The possibilities that new technologies such as Zinio have created for the magazine industry makes me excited about my career choice. As you mentioned, " the iPad changed the whole dynamic. Cost of paper became a non-issue and content space is no longer limited." This is perfect for a writer such as myself, who somehow always manages to write the maximum and then some. Seeing the Zinio edition of National Geographic on your iPad was exquisite and has converted me from my 'pfff, iPad' position to 'OMG, iPad!'. I could not agree more with your statement, " Photography on the iPad is crisp and lush." Now how does a broke college student get their hands on of those beauties?

I would like to thank you, not only for taking time out of your schedule to visit us at UGA, but for being a pioneer in this technological age and paving the way for rising journalists like me. And if you're ever in need of a co-Director of Digital Strategy you know where to find me.

Sincerely,
Natalee Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment