Thursday, September 2, 2010

Discipline Story Stuff

Slug: Discipline in Athens area schools takes a top-down approach

Summary: The superintendent of Clarke County schools hopefully has a lot to say about the disciplinary practices of high schools in his jurisdiction. I hope to tackle his discipline awareness and comprehension, as well as get into the mind of the man himself. Overall, I'm curious about how much say he has or chooses to have in the policy concerning student discipline.

As for a hands-on view of discipline in the school system, I hope to hear back from the Disciplinary Hearing Officer. He will certainly have things to say about the carrying out of disciplinary action. I am looking to gain a greater awareness of the overall policies concerning discipline in the Athens area.

The last part of my article will be a look into the Rutland Psychoeducational Program School. The anonymous nature of the student population intrigues me, and I hope to get the extreme end of discipline for kids who need major behavior corrections.

Editor: Katelyn Keschiavone

No comments:

Post a Comment