Sunday, October 17, 2010

Favorite Photo

I find this photo to be the best of the bunch, but not just because it is a nice-looking picture--it tells a story.

I like how Chris is off-set to the right in the photo. I like how the WNEG's red seems a little pink against Chris's pink shirt. I like the look on his face as he glances over his shoulder at the empty studio.

Really though, it is my favorite photo because before and after I took this photo, Chris was pelting me with questions.

"Is this a studio that UGA students can use?"
"Can you intern there?"
"Can you be on TV?"
"This place is so cool."

His awe of the University made my day and made this photograph what it was. If I could change anything, I'd sharpen up the photo, maybe crop just a little bit from the right. Maybe adjust the colors. But really, I like it.

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite pictures of them all. I love the angles of the glass and the way Chris is off center. The way he is looking over his shoulder is as if he is asking the questions you said he asked about the room in your post exactly while this picture was being taken. All of the colors work really well together, and there is not a single distraction (such as another student) in the background, which makes this photo even better. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mean to pawn off of Katelyn but I do love this one. I like how it has an on-the-go feel to it. It's like Chris didn't even know he was being photographed; it makes it feel like it wasn't done for a class exercise. I of course love the angles and the lighting, and how Chris is placed on the right third of the picture. That placement gives the picture a dynamistic quality. This picture is a nice, crisp and tight shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all the other comments so will try not to repeat too much, although I have to complement the angle at which the shot was taken. I also, like the others, appreciate the zig-zag angles of the glass, the fact that the point of interest, Chris, is looking away and also the cropping. In other words - his head isn't cut off at the top and you can see both arms in the shot. The rule of thirds is also working in your favor! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete