Monday, October 18, 2010

Favorite Photo

This is my favorite photo that I took of Brianna Gerdeman, because it is the most unique and detailed. It provides an interesting perspective on Brianna in that we only see her hands and belongings. Even though this picture focuses in on one small aspect of Brianna, I feel like it tells a story better than my shots from far away. It's clear that Brianna is packing up and moving on. One can also assume that she has a busy day ahead of her, because her bag is stuffed full of books and papers. We also learn that newspapers are important to Brianna, because she's sliding one into her backpack keep rather than discarding it when she's through. Although this photo sets up a detailed moment, I also like that it leaves people with questions about the larger story and hopefully leaves them wanting more.

2 comments:

  1. I also liked this photo. It tells a story without giving away too much information and without being too busy. I can immediately recognize that the story will be about a student from looking at this photo, a busy one at that. I like the angle that this is taken from and the color almost gives it a sepia feel. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this photo a lot! I think it tells a lot about Brianna without having her in the photo. Her bookbag is packed full of books and papers, which makes it seem like she has a very busy life and is very focused on school. I like how she is putting a newspaper into the backpack, because it tells a little bit about her major and her interests. I also like the lighting - it's unique and adds a cool antique-y effect. I also agree that it leaves people with questions - I feel like I want to know more about what books are in the backpack, what sorts of classes she is taking, etc.

    ReplyDelete