Sunday, October 17, 2010

I think this medium shot of Katelyn is my favorite. I used it as my long shot, but I think it might be more of a medium shot since I didn't get much of the environment into the picture. Regardless, I think the background is pretty and I like that it shows Katelyn reading a magazine since she is majoring in magazines and is so involved with magazines at UGA. I also like the coffee thermos beside her - it adds more information about her personality, as if she is someone who is always on the go. If I could change anything about this shot, I would probably take it a little closer so that it would be a true medium shot, and I would try to get more of the magazine cover in the picture. I would probably try to take it from a different angle too, so I would get more of her face in the picture.

2 comments:

  1. I love this shot of Katelyn! I'm not sure why, but it reminds me of a shot you would see of stars out and about in People Magazine. Although she's positioned nicely in her surroundings, you did a great job of making it look as though she has no idea you are taking her picture. She seems content reading her magazine, and I think the wind blowing her hair makes the photo look natural and candid. I also love how you used layers of texture in the background. I like how it transitions from grass, to stone, to pine straw, to trees. It's the perfect balance of an interesting background that doesn't distract from the photo's subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photo. I feel like it's something I would find in a magazine. Katie's place in the photo is perfect. The objects in the the photo all seem natural and serve to make the photo believable.

    ReplyDelete