Monday, October 4, 2010

PhOtOs

This photo comes from huffingtonpost.com.
It accompanies an article focusing on how corporations have posted near record profits after slashing jobs, leaving many unemployed. I like this photo because it's a great medium shot focusing on the man in the middle who seems deep in thought amidst a group of people. The photo really pulls you in and generates interest in what the corresponding article is about.







Compliments of celebrity gossip blog site thesuperficial.com. Pictured is Bret Michaels on the cover of Billboard magazine. I do not like this photo because it's a nude picture of Bret Michaels with very little left to the imagination. The photo quality and composition, in and of itself, I do like but shame on the photographer for using his/her talents to produce this!












Pictured is Jon Stewart, host of the Comedy Central television show The Daily Show. This article discusses his show and his rise to the "Most trusted name in fake news." I pulled this picture from npr.org. I like this photo because it's a nice, clean profile shot of Stewart with bold accents of blue and red in the background. Stewart's pose in the photo also does a great job reflecting his personality.









2 comments:

  1. First off, I really hate the first photo. I know you said that "it's a great medium shot focusing on the man in the middle who seems deep in thought amidst a group of people," but I just don't see it.

    If you were to poll me, or anyone in America, as to what on earth this photo could represent, there's no way anyone would say "Oh, well it represents how corporations have posted near record profits after slashing jobs."

    Also, I personally don't find the Bret Michael's photo a problem because of its raciness. I'm all for a little shock value. My issue is the fact it's way too overdone now. Everyone and their mother is posing nude on the cover of magazines these days. I don't think it's tasteless, just rather extremely overdone. Plus, of all people, who wants to see him naked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the story behind the Bret Michaels shot is that here's a guy who's been in the news a lot lately for escaping death with a blood clot in the brain, is scheduled to undergo open heart surgery and is battling diabetes. Plus he's old. And he still is attractive enough to do a cover like this. Plus, his whole life has been exposed lately with his string of reality TV shows, so it's a play on that exposure.

    ReplyDelete